It must must be award season as I’ve now been nominated for the Lovely Blog Award. Thanks to Hannah Ackroyd for nominating me!
I’ve had the busiest week of the year so far at work so my only makes this week that I’ve shared have been very quick ones and to be honest if I hadn’t needed some yesterday I don’t think I’d have made them. I’ve been a walking zombie! As a result of this I don’t have new blogs to nominate, but feel free to visit the blogs I nominated for the Kreativ Blogger Award that I wrote about last weekend.
I’ll still share seven facts about myself:
1. It was our school production this week and I was behind the scenes for two nights with performers who weren’t needed on stage at that time. There were a few staff there, but yet I was the one who ended up doing quick fixes to costumes when needed – sewing buttons back on, sewing up the bottom of a ties and even converting a costume from hook opening to velcro for a quick change. It was nice that they came to me. Most of the costumes were made by a colleague of mine – she did an amazing job! I wish I could sew as well as her.
2. Whilst backstage I had a ball of wool and a crochet hook and started on a granny square bag, but all made in one go. I’m only four rounds in, but it is my plane project for our holiday so I have lots of time to work on it.
3. Most girls (12 to 14 year olds mainly) thought I was knitting, so have been told how to tell the difference between knitting and crochet!
4. I haven’t had much time to be creative at weekends recently as we’re getting ready for a big trip to South East Asia. Instead I’ve been looking up hotels and shopping for stuff to take. We’re leaving in 4 days!
5. I’m happy that after 1 1/2 years of not driving due to my eye issues the DVLA have given me my driving licence back for the next three years. Now I need to fix my car.
6. It’ll be our first wedding anniversary in a couple of weeks, so at the moment I haven’t even been Mrs M for a year.
7. We’re spending our first wedding anniversary in Siem Reap, Cambodia.