I’m enjoying putting bits together for Laa Laa’s Advent Swap. For that I have to put together 24 little gifts, 1 for each day of advent, and a bigger one for Christmas day itself. I’ve put together 13 so far, so I’m getting there! It’s a lot of fun thinking of ideas.
This is how this swap works: (I have stolen some of Lakota’s words here – hopefully she won’t mind!)
- You will need a regularly updated blog and be willing to post when you receive your items from your swap partner.
- Bloggers are welcome world-wide but Lakota will try to assign partners within the same country/continent.
- You should send your swap partner between 3 and 5 items
- There is a maximum spend of £12 (or equivalent)
- At least one item – though more if you can – should be second hand, and sourced from a charity shop, car boot sale, jumble, estate sale, eBay or similar.
- At least one item should be handmade (although it doesn’t have to be handmade by you!)
- One item MUST relate to a Christmas carol or song.
- One item could fulfil several categories. A home-made white fluffy pom-pom garland made from thrifted wool could count as handmade, second hand and represent ‘Let it Snow’, for example.
Doesn’t it sound fun? To sign up comment on Lakota’s post here.
Sign up will close on 28th October and she will assign partners on her blog soon afterward. You never know, you may be paired with me!