Her message said
“I have nominated you for the Inspiring Blogger Award because I think you deserve a little something for making your blog always look fab!”
To share this little bit of blogging kindness I have to:
1. Display the award image on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers and link to their sites.
5. Notify the bloggers that they have been nominated and link to the post.
I have already done the first two.
So, 7 things about me? Let me think…
- I feel horrible at the moment. I have a bad cold that hit me for six this week. I kept going some how, but today I have stopped and ended up staying in bed far too late, until 5pm. Oops! I had planned to have a lie in, but that is excessive. I could have gone to a workshop this afternoon, but wasn’t feeling up to it. I was going to try to get my sewing machine out, but now it is too late.
- I have two cats – Jess and Pepper. Jess is 10 and Pepper is 5. Jess prefers me and Pepper prefers Mr M, however they both know Mr M is a soft touch! They don’t get on, with their own territory within our house. Unfortunately the cat flap is in Pepper’s territory…
- After a few years off the road for health reasons, I am allowed to drive again. My driving licence is only valid for three years, but hopefully my health will be good enough for them to renew it when it expires. I feel as though I have my freedom back, I can now go to the supermarket, hobbycraft, where ever I want to really!
- I love trying new crafts. I decided to give stained glass a go after seeing that a local school offered classes on an evening. Admittedly I initially wanted to do the silver jewellery courses, but they are full with a waiting (which I’m on, of course!). I’m really enjoying stained class and am considering continuing after Christmas. If you’re near Reading (which most of you aren’t!), click here to see what courses are on offer.
- I enjoy travelling. Our summer break this year in South East Asia was brilliant. My favourite place this time was Luang Prabang. The previous year (on our honeymoon) my favourite place was Hoi An.
- All of my family live down in Devon, about three hours drive away from Reading. Mr M’s family live in Cheshire, about three and a half hours drive away, and his sister is even further! We rarely see our families due to the distance and hectic lives. I wish we saw them more often.
- I am a cider drinker! No, not the fizzy sweet stuff, like Kopparberg, but proper cider. I enjoy going to cider farms and trying their produce. We frequent pubs that sell both real ale and real cider, rather than chain pubs that only sell strongbow. We even had some at our wedding reception. Some of my work colleagues were amused to see me in dancing in my wedding dress holding a pint of cider!
The challenge with blog awards is choosing who to award it to, as there are so many inspiring blogs out there. I eventually chose the required 15! The blogs below are in a random order.
- The Renegade Seamstress
- Clouds of Colour
- The Crafty Network
- Diary of a Mad Crafter
- Did You Make That?
- Dianne Faw
- The Sewing Boutique
- The Crafter’s Apprentice
- Krafty Kat
- Heart Stitch
- Michelle Made Me
- Attic 24
- Jelly Jam
- The Long Thread
Thank you to all the bloggers above for being so inspiring!