Is it a bad thing that I sang the blog name of my swap for Lakota’s Christmas Swap? Unfortunately I guess it gives a clue to my age! If you don’t know the song I’m thinking of, click here to see it on youtube.
Just as a reminder, this is what I need to do for this swap:
- You will need a regularly updated blog and be willing to post when you receive your items from your swap partner.
- You should send your swap partner between 3 and 5 items
- There is a maximum spend of £12 (or equivalent)
- At least one item – though more if you can – should be second hand, and sourced from a charity shop, car boot sale, jumble, estate sale, eBay or similar.
- At least one item should be handmade (although it doesn’t have to be handmade by you!)
- One item MUST relate to a Christmas carol or song.
- One item could fulfil several categories. A home-made white fluffy pom-pom garland made from thrifted wool could count as handmade, second hand and represent ’Let it Snow’, for example.
Looking through my swap partner’s blog, I am very impressed with her collections. Finding some things to add to Kathryn’s collection in a relatively short period of time will be a challenge. I will be on the look out for vintage pyrex, utility china and all sorts! Luckily for me it looks as though she is a fantastic cook too, so maybe I’ll head down that route. You (and she) will have to wait and see!